Claiming exempt from income taxes

Once you've completed onboarding, reach out directly to your administrator to have them make the change in payroll.

If your company uses Zenefits Payroll, then your administrator will enter the exemption using these steps.

Note that if you don't have Zenefits Payroll, you'll need to work directly with your payroll provider to update this for your employee(s). If you use Zenefits Pay Connect sync and an employee changes their tax information in the future, our system may override the tax exempt status in your payroll system.

Nonresident employees with an F-1, J-1, M-1, Q-1, or Q-2 visa can claim exemption from FICA taxes during onboarding

Was this answer helpful?  

Still need our help? Our support team is waiting to help you. Contact us